How You Can Help
We are organizing and we welcome your involvement in this community effort. Helping is easy. Here are 2 simple ways to help now:
- Join our Facebook group (link below) and share this information with 3 to 5 friends.
- Join or donate to one of the following organizations www.spaaresidents.org or www.airport2park.org.
2015 Objectives - Plan for the future of the land to meet community needs.
- Influence the SMO Leasing and Services Policy consistent with the reduction or elimination of SMO's negative impacts.
- Reduce or eliminate the dangers and safety risks of SMO, by making the runway compliant with proper airport standards.
- Develop a community-led platform to drive the vision for the future use of our land.
- Establish a genuine partnership between the community and the City that delivers effective and efficient execution.
2014 Objectives - Win control of the future use of the land. [DONE]
- Pass the City's Measure LC for Local Control & More Parks that allows for parks and open space on airport land, and empowers the local community to decide on limits.
- Oppose the Aviation Industry's Measure D to Stop Deception & Stop Jets that takes control of our land and prevents regulatory oversight of airport operations.